Saturday 7 January 2012

Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow

I would appear to utterly love this album. Never been a big Kate Bush fan, rather a distant admirer than someone who loves all her work like some are. However I seem to have fallen head over heels for this one. You need to invest some time in getting into it and I probably wouldn’t have if it hadn’t been the festive season when I first played it (not that we had any snow, more that I had the time). It is made up of 7 long pieces (most over 8 mins). The piano based music is delightful and lyrically what at first can seem plain weird (sex with a snowman?)- becomes compelling and very emotional. Snowed In At Wheeler St (duet with Reg Dwight) is my favourite track overall, about a couple who have been in love forever but keep losing each other. Album of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment